After starting out on the XBAP route and quickly hitting the sandbox limit it was time to actually move to an application paradigm that would support file access as well as database interaction. So I decided I had to convert the XBAP to a plain old WPF application.
I added a new Window1.xaml file and reconfigured the start url in the App.xaml file to point to the newly added file.
After messing around with the property sheet for the solution, I proceeded to compile the solution and instead ended up with the following error message.
There was not an option to change the setting until I poked in the *.csproj( the project definition file) file which contained the relevant xml nodes <IsWebBootstrapper>, <HostInBrowser> and <TargetZone>. Delete these nodes and F5 the project.
<Configuration Condition=" '$(Configuration)' == '' ">Debug</Configuration>
<Platform Condition=" '$(Platform)' == '' ">AnyCPU</Platform>