I have just bought 5 Sun Netra 1 T105 telco servers with the goal of building a commodity hardware Beowulf cluster. The hardware CAPEX for this R&D project is £1000.00 GBP.
The goals of the R&D project are:
1. To determine the applicability of parallelization to problems in Computational Finance
2. To evaluate various implementations of the Message Passing Interface
3. To explore the issues inherent in high frequency data visualisation
4. To harness the .NET parallelisation APIs
5. To have fun whilst I do all the above
One of these cuties looks like this-
I have £675.00 left to spend and this should buy the following hardware components:
1. 8-12U server cabinet,
2. 12 port networking switches,
3. Cabling CAT 5e 10/100
These T105's babies will be running the Open Solaris OS, SUN Grid Engine and the various MPI implementations currently available. I don't intend to spend a single penny on software apart from the bandwidth consumption costs incurred in downloading.
Purging Broadcom Drivers for Broadcom Wifi Card on Ubuntu sudo apt-get purge bcmwl-kernel-source Reference: https://askubuntu.com/qu...
This little excursion in numerical analysis was prompted by the rather flaky IRR Excel function available in Microsofts' Excel API. We w...
This solution resolved my SQLite connection string configuration. The code makes use of the SQLiteConnectionStringBuilder class. The databas...
After starting out on the XBAP route and quickly hitting the sandbox limit it was time to actually move to an application paradigm that wou...